Saturday, October 13, 2018

Brothers

Hello paper friends and thanks for stopping by

I finally managed to get a half decent photo of my two big boys together.  Gosh as they get older it gets harder to get a nice photo.  They want to pull faces and act like total clowns!

I always struggle a little with boy pages but happy with how this one turned out.


I pulled out some Dusty Attic chippy (my fav) and teamed it up with some (wait for it) Christmas papers from Couture Creations - Highland Christmas.  I know right!  Christmas papers - but the tones in this collection are quite muted and dark so for me, they were perfect for layering papers under my photo.

I cut down a the big 12 x 12 piece of geo square chipboard to use just a couple of pieces and gently swiped it with a black inkpad making sure to miss some spots.  I added some white microbeads over the top for a bit of texture as well as splattering with white paint.

My cogs I embossed with Tarnished Metals embossing powder and then added some prima waxes over the top.

The background I very gently rubbed some distress oxides over the top of my page with peacock feathers and then added some texture paste over the top of that.

Here are a couple of close ups for you

 

Thanks again for stopping by

Until next time







No comments:

Post a Comment