Saturday, March 19, 2016

Twisted Easel Cards

Hello!  Jo here to share two cards with you, using the Magnolia Lane dies and papers.
 
My two cards are twisted easel cards, tho they lay flat for postage.
 


These cards are easy to make.  Cut your card to the size you want but I does need to be square.  I cut mine to 5 inches x 5 inches.
 
Then fold the cover of your card on the diagonal to leave a triangle.  Then you need another piece of 5 inch x 5 inch card to make your card front.
 
For this card I have just layered up a few of my favourite dies from the Magnolia Lane range.  Ok confession - all of them are my favourite.  I absolutely love this  square lacey frame that is on this card.  Its called Square Magnolia Frame and it has received a hammering since I have got it.
 
So first I layered my paper then the lacey square frame.  I then layed the Magnolia Doily over the top of that.  The little lacy square that the rosette is sitting on is from the insert of the Square Magnolia Frame so I then placed that on.  Added my rosette and teamed it up with the leaf from the Rose Cutting die.  I added the butterfly from the ephemera back and some gemstones.
 


So with my second card, I chose not to have a full back piece.   I just covered the triangle piece of the card and then layed my Square Magnolia Frame.  I wanted to use the Rosey Frame die but it got a little lost on its own so I placed it on to a circle that I cut from the nestig dies.  I added a little bit of ink around it just to make it pop a little.  I then added my paper magnolia in the middle.
 
Again I have added my butterflies from the ephemera pack and for my sentiment I used the Thank You Tag Set die.
 
 
Here's a little look at how they look when they are folded down ready to post.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by and for all the lovely comments.  They are truly appreciated!
 
Until next time
 
 
Ultimate Crafts Products used
Tools used
 
Adhesives used
 


No comments:

Post a Comment