Friday, May 3, 2013

Couture Creations - My Sonshine

Hi everyone.  Its my turn today on the Couture Creations blog and I am sharing with you a layout.


I really struggle when it comes to boy layouts, so I went back to basics with this one.  I went with circles and based my page around that.  Here's how I came up with this page

First I  sprayed some white mist and splatters on my background page.  I then used a mask and texture paste just to create a bit of dimension.

Using the Persuasion Blooms embossing folder I embossed two pieces of paper.

 

I then lined them up to make one long strip


Using a blue inkpad I very lightly rubbed over the embossed parts of the paper just to make it "pop" a little.  This can now be stuck to your page.

By making some banners you will cover up the join and it will look like one complete strip.

Next I grabbed my trusty circle nesting dies.  I really cant live without these.  I use them for cards and scrapbooking.  I cut my photos into circles using the largest die.

 
Then using the second largest die and the biggest die together I created a frame to go around the photos
 
 
You can now start placing all your pieces onto your page.  To make a couple of extra embellishments, I rubbed some rub-on sayings onto some accetate and then using the circle nesting dies I cut them out.
 
Here's another look at the finished page
 



Thanks for letting me share.  Until next time

Couture Creations products used:

CO723299 Embossing folder Persuasions Blooms Alls Occasions Collection
CO723040 Nesting Dies - circle

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous 'boy' layout Jo. Love the colour range you've used and the rub-ons on the acetate are a fabulous idea. Thank you for sharing. ox Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous work Jo, love your masculine page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page! I love how you framed the photos and stretched the embossed flowers between 2 pieces of paper! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete