Saturday, April 13, 2019

Memories, Happiness, Delightful - Dusty Attic

Hey Dusty fans!

I'm back today to share with you a layout I created for the Dusty Attic blog featuring some of the awesome industrial chipboards and scrapping a photo from my son's recent 21st.



So I'm not really much of a mixed media person. 

 I love to play but can't say I am always happy with my results.  Love everyone else's work but not my own.  For some reason I always come back to a clean white background.  So here we are again with a clean white background to start with.

I think added a strip of corrugated card to my page and distressed it a little with some gesso and inks.

I then created a bit of a cluster with the industrial border and machine parts along with some extra cogs.  I glued them together to make one big piece of chipboard that I could lay down the side of my page.

I then covered the whole piece with gesso and applied Prima patina pastes to create a weathered and rusty look.

Here are a couple of close up shots.




Underneath my pic I added some paper layers and also some of the barbed wire frames.  I inked them in black and then added some hints of gold prima wax.  I also tucked under some extra cogs. 

I didn't use a title tho I'm thinking now looking at it that it may need one.  I chose to go with the wordplay chipboards.  These are always my go to and I love the pop of black on the white cardstock.

Dusty Attic Products Used



Thanks so much for stopping by, take care and happy scrapping





No comments:

Post a Comment