Monday, April 7, 2014

Remember This Moment Layout

Hi everyone! It's Jo and its my turn up on the blog today.

Today I have a layout to share using some of the new dies and the gorgeous new Sew Jo paper pads.



I have used just plain white cardstock for my background but to add a little bit of interest I have misted with some black ink and also stamped using Chevron embossing folder from the Harmony collection.


When inking your embossing folder be sure that you use ink that won't stain.  I have used a chalk base ink as it just rinses clean under the tap.  The effect is soft and subtle.




I then went about layering my paper.  Over the top of my paper and running through the middle of my page is one of the new Ornamental Lace dies - Chandeliers Set from the Momento collection.

Also tucked underneath my papers is another of the Ornamental Lace Dies.  This is the Mirror Mirror die from the Madeline Collection.  I have cut this in half and used half at the top of my page and the other half just poking out from my flower cluster.

To give my paper flowers a little more "glam" I ran them through my embossing machine using the Small Dots embossing folder from the Harmony collection.  I also added some black flourishes using the Oscar die from the Sophia collection


I found some really cute little coloured paper bags at a $2 shop so I also embossed this with the Chevron embossing folder again from the Harmony collection.  I then sanded it back with my sanding block to give it a little more depth.



The little pocket holds a love note from my man on the night he proposed to me.  Soppy I know but kinda cute.

To finish my layout I got my trusty paper piercer  from my three piece tool set and pierced all around my papers and then hand stitched.

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time - happy scrapping!



Couture Creations products used


12 x 12 Sew Jo Paper Pad CO723545
Chevron Embossing Folder Harmony Collection CO723624
Small Dots Embossing Folder Harmony Collection CO723631
Ornamental Lace Die Mirror Mirror Madeline Collection CO723242
Ornamental Lace Die Chandeliers Set Momento Collection CO723247
Oscar Die Sophia Intricutz Collection CO723475
Three Piece Hand Held Set
6mm Double Sided tape
Sanding Block
Self Adhesive Gemstones






No comments:

Post a Comment