Friday, April 11, 2014

Tiptoe Thru The Tulips Layout

Hello friends!

Hope this post finds you all well?  We are not far now from moving - yipppeeee!!  Finally we can all find some kind of normal!

Just a few weeks ago, I splurged a little on myself and invested in some Faber Castell Gelatos.  I haven't had a lot of time to have a play but I did pull them out the other day and just kind of scribbled on some white cardstock.  Just a bit of a tester I guess.  I really didn't think I would do much with the paper once I scribbled but this is what I ended up with.


They really were super easy to use and a lot of fun.  I then went to work using some texture paste and stamps.  Very different from my usual style.  Bright and not a flower in sight, well apart from the photo.  This photo is of my now 13 year old taken at Araluen in the spring when all the tulips are out.  Was very lucky that he sat still long enough for me to take the shot!

Here's a little close up


It's amazing what you can do with some scrap paper!  This paper was a freebie in one of the scrap magazines.  The little felt heart embellishment was also a freebie from a magazine.  I have had it for years and this was the perfect page to pop it on to.  Loving this whole mixed media thing at the moment!

Until next time

1 comment: