Thursday, February 11, 2016

Finders Keepers!

Hello and thanks for stopping by!
 
I'm back again today sharing a couple of layouts I created using Amy Tan's Finder's Keeper's paper line. 
 
I must admit that this paper line is way out of my comfort zone but for some reason I found myself drawn to it when I was shopping around my local Spotlight store. 
 
The photo isn't the best quality (probably because my mum took it) but its a moment that I wanted to document.

 
I got a little messy with some distress ink and a stencil for my background and then just used a bit of a miss match of ephemera from the paper line along with some other bits and bobs from The Reject Shop.  They actually have some pretty niffty scrap supplies if you are there at the right time!
 
Here is a close up.  For some weird reason I have a bit of a thing for pineapples at the moment (go figure) so I really wanted to use it on my page.  Wasn't sure how I was going to use it but i just kind of made a bit of a cluster down the left hand side of my page.
 
 
 
This next layout is another one that is a little different for me too.  I really like the whole miss matched look at the moment and really enjoying using white cardstock for my backgrounds.
 
 
Yep it has a bit of pink on a boy's page but I'm ok with that.:)  I have been trying to scrap a little flatter lately.  Using all the flowers that I normally do is just taking up so much room in my albums.  For a bit of dimension and extra interest I stitched through my paper strips.
 
Here is a close up.

 
Yep -  that little boy in the first layout is now 18!  How did that happen so quickly?  And how is it that I still have photo's from that long ago that I am still scrapping??
 
Thanks for taking some time to drop by.
 
Until next time
 
Jo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment