Thursday, November 7, 2013

Santas Little Helpers Layout

Hi everyone!  Well we are now just one month or so away from Christmas!  How did that happen?  As you can see from this blog post I'm still scrapping last years photos!


 
 

For this layout I have used the 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad - Vintage Christmas.  These paper pads are fantastic as they have lots of little pieces that can be cut out either by hand or using your nesting dies and used for embellishments.

 
I have embossed a red and green piece of Core-dinations cardstock and sanded it back to reveal a the kraft card underneath.  The red piece I have patched to make it a little bigger for my page and then managed to cover the seam with my photos and other embellishments.
 
Using the Alcyone Doily die  from the Royal Jewels collection I cut my doily in half and inked it before placing it in the top right and corner and the left hand side.
 
The two holly cuts are the new dies from the Magical Christmas Collection called Mistletoe.  I have just added some red gemstones to a centre of the holly to make it a little more "Christmassy".
 
Using cereal boxes I have cut out the Damaris die from the Sophia Collection.  I cut it twice and just stuck them together to give them a little more thickness and then inked over them and placed them under my photos.
 
I have also gone a little nuts with the hand stitching again!  This was done with my favourite tool that I just can't live without, my Paper Piercer from the 3 piece handheld tool set.
 
These photos are now so precious to me.  This was the last Christmas we got to spend with my dear father in law.  He passed away 3 weeks after Christmas.  Never did we think that it would be our last Christmas together!  Just goes to show - you can never have to many photos to scrap!
 
Thanks for letting me share.
 
Until next time
 
 
Couture Creations Products used:
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment