Wednesday, April 3, 2013

1 Embossing Folder - 2 Ways

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by. 
 
This is my first post as a Design Team member for Couture Creations and I have to say I'm a little excited!
 
It was like Christmas when I opened my package and the first thing that caught my eye was the gorgeous embossing folder from the beautiful Elegance Collection - Super Marina.  I decided I would make some cards with it.
 
Here are my cards


 


To make these cards I ran some co-ordinations cardstock with this gorgeous embossing folder through my cuttlebug.
 
 
 
I then sanded the top layer very gently wtih a sanding block to leave the white of the frame showing and also stitched around the edges.  I handstitch all my work using a paper piercer . I also then inked around the edges with a brown inkpad and a sponge dauber.
 


Next I used the must have circle and scallop circle nesting dies  These nesting dies are fantastic for just about everything!  The circles fit exactly on top of the scallop circles leaving a small border  or by using two different sizes together you can make frames.
 
I cut a circle from some kraft cardstock using the second biggest circle die and a piece of white cardstock using the biggest scallop circle die

 
 
Before I stuck them together, I stamped the kraft cardstock with a background stamp and inked around the edges.  I then attached it to the middle of the embossed cardstock.  Your card is now ready to be embellished with blossoms and a sentiment.  This is now adhered to a piece of kraft cardstock and can now be stuck to your white card base.
 
Here's another look at the end result.
 

 
To make the next card I ran a piece of the blue co-ordinations cardstock through the cuttlebug using the same embossing folder.  Again I sanded it back lightly and also stitched around the edges.
 
 
I then took a chipboard butterfly and coloured it by patting a blue inkpad over it and when it was dry I covered it all with some Crystalina Glitzin Glamour Glitter Glue.  I can't live without this.  I LOVE glitter but I hate the mess so this glitter glue is fantastic to use on your creations for that bit of extra sparkle.
 
Once the butterfly is dry I then attached it to the middle of the embossed piece.  I glued a flower and some twine into the centre of the butterfly, added a sentiment for my card and finished it off with some pretty pearls.  You can then adhere this to a white piece of cardstock.  It is now ready to be attached to your card base.
 


 

 

COUTURE CREATIONS PRODUCTS USED
 
 
Thanks for allowing me to share!
 
Until next time
 
 


2 comments: