Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Shaped Easel Cards

Hey everyone, it's Jo and I'm up on the Couture Creations blog today to show you how I have created this little shaped easel card using the Couture Creations Nesting Dies.



Fold a piece of cardstock in half and place the largest die from the Victorian Square Nesting Dies onto the folded card with just the edge of the die hanging over the fold.

Run this through your cuttlebug.  This is now your bottom half of your card


 
 
This is what you will be left with.  Fold the top piece in half so that the card can stand.
 
 
 
 
Cut out another white piece in the largest die and attach it to the bottom of the folded part of the card.
 
Next I used the largest die and traced around the middle of it and cut it out by hand so that I had a smaller border
 
 

 

 

I then ran it thru my cuttlebug using the Crazy Daisy embossing folder.  I used core cardstock and sanded back the top.

I then used my paper piercer from the 3 piece handheld tool set to be able to hand sew around the edges.


It is then just a case of embellishing this piece and attaching it to your card.

I have used the Enlightenment die underneath the paper flower and also the Tranquility die

I have tucked a core-dinations tag behind the flower and also used the Turkish Delight embossing folder for the leaves.

Mount your sentiment onto the bottom half of the card with mounting foam so that the card can stand up.

 
Here is another one I made using the scallop and circle nesting dies.
 
 
Until next time,
Couture products used:



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jo!! Love the colours in these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards is beautiful Joey. I am definately going to try this myself.

    ReplyDelete