Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mixed Media

Hey friends!

Well we are almost at the end of summer holidays here in Australia.  I wish we had just a couple more weeks.  I truly love having the kids home and having no routine.  We have had a great time off together but they are now all ready to go back to school.  Bags are packed and supplies are sorted just ready for next week.

Over the holidays I have had a chance to have a bit of a play with some mixed media on my layouts.  I found it a lot of fun using inks and texture paste along with some stamping and mists.  Here is my page.

 
 
Still takes a little while to get used to.  I kind of feel like my background papers are dirty and marked.  Just a bit different to my clean lines kind of scraping.  I really enjoyed it tho and then got my hands dirty again with a canvas.
 
I have used the really pretty Enchanted papers from Kaiser and also a Julie Nutting doll stamp.  She was lots of fun to create.  I paper pieced her dress and shows and then coloured the rest.  Here is a close up of my doll.
 
 
 

And a little close up of the embellishment cluster

 
 
Thanks for popping by.  Take care.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment